Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I LOVE ART!!!: DAY 39-40DAY PROSPERITY PLAN


Artist: Karen Michael

OK, we are on DAY 39 of the 40 DAY PROSPERITY PLAN- I need a little something from you - a tiny, itsy bitsy report on how this was for you. Don't keep it to yourself!! Share the love! So, today or tomorrow drop me a comment or two - let me know "It was fabulous!" or "You just didn't get it" - its ok either way. I have been sharing a little along the way but I will sum it all up tomorrow.

MY NEXT JOURNEY
Ok, I have fallen in love again- yes, soooo soon but it is true and it is with ART. It is like a new world that has opened up to me and I want to share it with you. So, the next 40-DAYS I am starting an ART JOURNAL with you! You may be thinking I AM NOT AN ARTIST but the reality is that art is everywhere - it is our perspective visualized. An art journal is about you not about some structured process that has you coloring in the lines. In many cultures there is no word really for art because it is integrated with daily life. Join me in this process - I know it will be fun.

Materials Needed:

A journal with paper that can withstand painting, etc... MOLESKIN is a good brand - you can get one at Barnes & Noble or
you can use a water color tablet, etc... there is no need for it to be expensive. If all you got is $5 you can do this.

*I am about revolutionary art or what is called "art by the people" - which means I use recycled materials -like pieces of old shirts, dress, news paper, old books, etc... If you can't afford to get a journal- use an old book with nicer, thicker paper - like an encyclopedia( you know the kind that says Black people were never slaves and Columbus discovered Amerika -time make those books tell the truth) - you maybe able to get one for .25 cents or less at the goodwill or a garage sale. If you use a book then buy some stuff called Gesso (its a white paste like stuff that will cover the pages so you can have a clean canvas or use white acrylic paint). We are going to create great art and money WILL NEVER STAND IN THE WAY. Art is going to continue this prosperity process because we are going to start thinking outside of the box and using our creativity to answer life's questions.

Other materials: some paint (acrylic, watercolor, use what you have), some oil pastels, chalk pastels, charcoal pencil (or a dark lead pencil), pens, glitter, glue, - really what ever you got- you don't need all of this right away.

Like the prosperity plan we are going to work on the journal everyday - little by little. So make a commitment to find atleast 15mins a day. You may want to consider a size journal that you can take in your purse or bag so you can doodle during lunchtime where ever you are OR you could wake up just a few minutes early each day to do some art. There is time.

We will do 2 pages a week. On the first two pages lets start with a childhood picture of yourself or if you don't have one a representation of your "child-self". You have today and tomorrow to get your stuff together. I hope you will join me!!!

UPDATE ON THE HEALING FROM VIOLENCE QUILT
We got 45 quilting squares from the community assembly the other night!! It was really wonderful and everyone did a great job!! I will down load a few pictures soon. Feel free to send in a quilt square - it is just a 6"x6" square of fabric with your art and/or written message for those impacted by family/intimate partner violence. Send it to ART HEALS US, PO BOX 11021, Atlanta, GA 30310
Lastly, I am working on my website for ART HEALS US but if you go to the url you will see the flyer I made for my first Sistah Art Circle. If you are in ATL please come - its going to be fun and the cost will be low to no cost - if I can find a free space that works. Go to ARTHEALSUS.ORG

DAY 39 (write it down, meditate on it for 15min, journal your thoughts)
39. When I am aware of the God Self within me as my total fulfillment, I am totally fulfilled. I am now aware of this Truth. I have found the secret of life, and I relax in the knowledge that the Activity of Divine Abundance is eternally operating in my life. I simply have to be aware of the flow, the radiation, of that Creative Energy, which is continuously, easily and effortlessly pouring forth from my Divine Consciousness. I am now aware. I am now in the flow.

0 comments: