Monday, February 8, 2010

Days 35, 36 and 37 of 40 days of Afroniquely-ness!!!



Sistahs,
Just when I feel a little weighed down or low in my energy I get a jolt of love from my Sistah Friends! Some SistahGoddess Friends and I recently started a Small Business Development Circle 4 Sistahs and we had the most wonderful and power infusing call! I have a vision of work that aligns perfectly with my soul's desire...work that does not feel like work because I enjoy it so much. I love the idea of Sistahs getting together and sharing their dream work. It is truly a blessing to do what you love and what comes naturally to you.

I have been behind on my posts but I have some exciting SistahGoddesses to share with you all.


Tonight, I am featuring a Sistah blogger Sasha-Shae Shaw of Afroniquely You For some years now I have worn my hair natural and the biggest challenge I have is choosing the best products to keep my hair strong, moisturized and healthy. I am grateful that SistahGoddess Sasha-Shae happened along and decided to blog about natural hair. I had a chance to ask her a few questions...

Why did you start this blog?
I started the blog because I personally wanted a way to track my progress, then it became I wanted to help my friends learn more of what I was learning, soon thereafter I opened it up to the world and now it's a good little resource blog for naturals and those wanting to be natural. I seek to provide information that is relevant to our journeys and experiences as natural men and women. Also I now have a forum, smaller forum that caters to just asking questions, sharing tips etc.

What advice to you give a SistahGoddess who wants to wear her crown natural?
Any SistaGoddess wanting to wear her hair natural needs to understand the value of patience, and diligence. It takes time for a garden to grow and it takes love and great care for it to flourish in beauty. With that said, enjoy every moment that the journey brings. Don't expect your hair to be like others. Find what works for your hair. It may be a long journey to really getting the luscious locks you want, but with patience you'll truly find what works for your hair.

When it comes to natural hair what styles are you feelin' lately?

I love plaits and twists. Those are my styles..and fro-hawks...I'm def digging those.

What are your top 3 products for the natural hair "newbie"?
Water, shea butter and coconut oil

How can a SistahGoddess reach you for more knowledge? (we feature
your link and if you want an email, etc...)

You can contact me over at the blog Afroniquely You and my forum: Le Forum Cheveux....other links of mine include my YouTube, Twitter (see links on blog) and Art Site. Email me at afroniquely@gmail.com anytime :)


Affirmations for days 35, 36, and 37!!!
Whew! We are coming up to those last fun days of 40 days of Prosperity! I think I have really worked hard on my healing during this time. I had a lot to let go of - plenty of blah, blah relationships that just were not about growth. There is still more to go for me but I feel clear and I feel like a lot of weight has been lifted.

WE JUST KEEP ON!!!

35. Money is not my supply. No person, place or condition is my supply. My awareness, understanding, and knowledge of the all-providing activity of the Divine Mind within me is my supply. My consciousness of this Truth is unlimited, therefore, my supply is unlimited.

36. My inner supply instantly and constantly takes on form and experience according to my needs and desires, and as the Principle of Supply in action, it is impossible for me to have any unfulfilled needs or desires.

37. The Divine Consciousness that I am is forever expressing its true nature of Abundance. This is its responsibility, not mine. My only responsibility is to be aware of this Truth. Therefore, I am totally confident in letting go and letting God appear as the abundant all sufficiency in my life and affairs.

Hugs,
Sis C.

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Thank you so much for this info. I'm in the process of going natural myself, and I am amazed at the way my hair feels. I can't stop touching it! Your blog is such a great source of inspiration. I'm glad the creator led me to you!