Tuesday, December 25, 2007

GRIOT: OLE' MASA, DAY 17-40DAY PROSPERITY PLAN


Artist: Lionel

There is something very powerful about storytelling - that is why the griot or djeli-the weaver of stories is powerful figure in many cultural communities. Stories have a way of communicating events that have a deep impact on how we are thinking and being. They often teach a lesson that we must reach deep within to understand.

Yesterday, someone passed along this story from a comedian (I didn't catch his name) explaining his experience of traveling through the south...
After a long drive he stopped in a small town to get some gas and something to eat. He went inside a restaurant to order some food and decided he would get the newspaper. Inside the restaurant he noticed there was no one up front but there was a cash register. He looked around and didn't see a newspaper stand but he did see a brotha sitting in the way back. "Excuse me, brotha?" he said to the older man in the back -sittin' in the shadow, "Excuse me. Do you know where I can buy a newspaper?" The brotha looked at him sternly and said,"ShhhShush..Shsh...." waving him away."You better get on with that." "Excuse me??" the comedian said, "I just was looking for a newspaper", saying it much louder to be more clear. The older brother shushed him again, "Sh...Shish...You better go on...with that stuff...you know masta don't know we can read yet."

This story struck me in several ways... and I realize that my being here in Atlanta has brought me to square one-this is ultimately my test. I see the opportunity in being here and I see the deep oppression in being here. That is the beauty of being in the south-there is a lot of clarity. In California, there was never any clarity - just illusion and a lot of confusion. What I have found out living in Atlanta for a little over a year would have taken me a lifetime in California. It comes down to how you like your poison - straight up or with a chaser of milk...
This morning when I woke up Spirit showed me how deep the oppression goes - it was like taking a quick peek down a never ending hole. I realize that in life we make decisions based on our perception of our capacity to survive. Our perception is the key here - we have to actually believe we can have a better life and that we DESERVE to have a better life. It comes down to the final question - it is ole masa (in his various disguises) or is it the most powerful high Creator fueling your life? Are you sure that you are only bending down to grab some loose change or are you preparing to walk that way the rest of your life?


DAY 17 (write it down, meditate on it for 15min, journal your thoughts)
17. The Divine Consciousness that I am is forever expressing its true nature of Abundance. This is its responsibility, not mine. My only responsibility is to be aware of this Truth. Therefore, I am totally confident in letting go and letting God/the Creator appear as the abundant all sufficiency in my life and affairs.

0 comments: