Monday, December 10, 2007

DAY 2, 40-DAY PROSPERITY PLAN



This morning as I did my second affirmation for the plan the Pali word Metta came to me. Metta is the practice of offering compassion. Yesterday, I realized that I still have a lot of anger. Anger is not bad, sometimes we have to be "there" so that we recognize it, transform it and make it into a powerful force in our lives. This morning I remembered that I have healing abilities. A couple of years ago I just walked away from it, forgot it. I didn't really believe in myself - which I think is at the root of my current situation. So, this morning I begin to practice healing again by starting with myself. I begin to see the reality of the situation - it was like a door opened. I saw how woundedness can make people try to destroy their own good. I see how important it is to heal - if even just to prevent yourself from hurting others. I sent Metta to my heart for it to be open, to see the truth. No poison can stay in your heart when you send it compassion.

I was reminded also about a Sistah Goddess named Amma. In the past she suffered terrible abuses from her family and somewhere inside of herself she discovered compassion and saw the reality of the situation. At that point she developed this incredible ability to heal people by simply giving them a hug. There are thousands of people today who go to see her to get one of her hugs (she hugs about 10,000 people a day). I hear that it is a powerful healing experience. I also hear that the very same members of her family who once abused her are now her devotees. Can you imagine turning that type of experience around?? She has a huge following. I am sure she has access to many things offered by people from all over the world in gratitude and yet I hear she lives a very simple life.
I believe on this plan many of us will begin to see the reality of what it means to be abundant. It is not so much about the money, the car, the nice house, the professional career - it is more about who we are being and how we walk in the world.

DAY TWO
(write in your journal, meditate 15 min and journal your thoughts)
2. I lift up my mind and heart to be aware, to understand, and to know that the Divine Presence I AM is the Source and Substance of all my good.

Peace,
Sistah C

0 comments: