Tuesday, December 18, 2007

UMOJA=UNITY: DAY 10 - 40DAY PROSPERITY PLAN


From time to time I still deal with the frustration of BEING A WOMAN in this society - especially an African woman. I see many things that are out of balance, unfair and out right oppressive to women. I don't think it is popular for a woman to speak up about abuse - many people think we should just shut up and endure... Every since I have spoken out about what has happened to me in my marriage I have had one of two reactions - support or silence. I very much have appreciated the support (my treasure). The support from all my family and friends has help me and my son survive during the last four months. There were time when I was not sure I would be able to drive my son to school because I had no money for gas, then out of nowhere a friend would reach out to me (without really knowing the depth of my situation) and send me something. I have learned the greatest lessons about friendship and unity during this time. It was organic that I began to process my experiences on this blog and at some point I realized that the only way to really empower myself and others was to break the silence. Believe me, I have had threats come to me about what I said on this blog about abuse -but I still write. My personal mission is beginning to birth itself - it is about the "restoration of the female spirit". I am beginning to have visions of what this looks like and I know I will need to unify with other Sistahs to make it a reality. I will continue to share more as time goes on.

Last night I ran across this very interesting site UMOJA: A VILLAGE FORBIDDEN TO MEN. I saw this beautiful picture of a Maasai Sistah and right away I wanted to know more. It seems that after being raped by British soldiers and then forced from their homes by their husbands, a group of Maasai women formed their own community and begin to support each other. They are slowly building an economy for themselves and restoring their lives. Meanwhile, their "husbands" have become jealous of their efforts and have threatened their way of living. Funny, you disrespect your wife by casting her out of your home and village after rape and then get mad when she decides she is going to survive! On the website you will find a clip of the documentary and a way to support the Sistahs through the art they have made or straight donation. These women are definitely SISTAH GODDESSES in the flesh!

DAY 10 (write it down, meditate for 15min, journal your thoughts)
10. I keep my mind and thoughts off "this world" and I place my entire focus on God-the Creator within as the only Cause of my prosperity. I acknowledge the Inner Presence as the only activity in my financial affairs, as the substance of all things visible. I place my faith in the Principle of Abundance in action within me.

0 comments: