Monday, May 19, 2008

Moon Salutation



Ok, the moon is finally full today...maybe it will begin to ease up on us a little. Personally, I had a huge day or two of feeling really restless. Over the weekend a classmate (in the middle of a finance lecture) said, "I feel like running around the block. I have so much energy - I need to do something..." And I keep hearing this from various folks who are effected by this moon.

I remembered last night yoga's Moon Salutation. It is real powerful to do these poses while the moon is out...Below is a video I found of the practice (she is doing it a bit faster than I would but you can get the general idea). A favorite yoga teacher of mine taught me this practice at a retreat in California.

Did you know there is an International Association of Black Yoga Teachers?? Click here for their website.

0 comments: