Thursday, December 27, 2007

KUJICHAGULIA: 19-40DAY PROSPERITY PLAN



Habari Gani! Yesterday, I could have posted about the beginning of Kwanzaa but you know I was in a "place" that morning. While in that place of frustration I found that the answer did rest in the principle of that day Umoja which is Unity. I realized that unity or the act of unifying is not a process you can take lightly. Unity requires a certain amount of work that one has to have the stomach for because sometimes you can end up in sh*t (yours or someone else) and you got to just wade through it to get to the other side. What is also unique about unity is that it can bring up dogma- yes, it can. The issue is that people want unity quickly and as painlessly as possible so, they propose that everyone start to think, eat, dress and drink alike. When this happens you know there are always those types that are just NOT going to fit in - they won't dress like everyone, nor will they eat like everyone -how can you unify with such a person??? Next you know there are strict rules on who gets to unify with who and we are here again - divided. I propose that unity is much more of a painful process than we can imagine-it requires forgiveness, ample room for mistakes and the management of fear for a task that demands fearlessness. AND IT CAN BE DONE. Remember the post of Sistahs from UMOJA VILLAGE. They had two choices- try to survive as individuals or try to survive as a community. Imagine the work required to unify women who have been raped, abandoned and accused -imagine the amount of TRUST each woman had to muster to begin that process even with other women...

Today's principle is KUJICHAGULIA - SELF DETERMINATION- the process of defining ourselves, naming ourselves, creating ourselves and speaking for ourselves. When you have been oppressed you know that your divine given rights to govern over your soul have been eroded. In the case of the African, our whole worldview was redefined- we could no longer speak our mother tongue, we could not practice our spirituality, we could not eat our traditional foods, we could not read, we could not enjoy the fruits of our labor and most of all we were not allowed to engage with our true nature. Kujichagulia is the movement back to restoration. The process that says I will not be defined by anyone except my Creator thus the Spirit World, thus the Ancestors. So, now you have waded through the first pile of stuff and your cleaning up - taking off those old clothes and if your like me saying, "oh hell no!!! This is changing TODAY!" So, this process begins to take back and re-awaken that which as been locked away. Like unity - there is a true road and there is a false road. Choose well.

DAY 19 (write it down, meditate on it for 15min, journal your thoughts)
19. When I am aware of my Original Spirit Self within me as my total fulfillment, I am totally fulfilled. I am now aware of this Truth. I have found the secret of life, and I relax in the knowledge that the Activity of Divine Abundance is eternally operating in my life. I simply have to be aware of the flow, the radiation, of that Creative Energy, which is continuously, easily and effortlessly pouring forth from my Divine Consciousness. I am now aware. I am now in the flow.

0 comments: