Friday, January 4, 2008

EXCUSES, EXCUSES: ADDRESSING FAMILY VIOLENCE, DAY 27 - 40 DAY PROSPERITY PLAN


On January 12th in Atlanta there will be a community assembly. The topic of the assembly is titled "State of Emergency" Stopping Family Violence and Restoring Traditional African Centered Values. The assembly will take place at the Afrikan Djeli Cultural Center at 840 Ralph D. Abernathy Blvd.in Atlanta's West End. Starts at 6pm. I have committed myself to going and I sent out an email some time ago to people I know hoping they will attend. My hopes are that it will be a time to discover what truly are traditional African-Centered Values in regards to relationships. Personally, abusive acts committed against my son and I were by someone who claimed to be "African" and "Conscious".
Abusers have a way of twisting the truth. I find some people would rather not hear the truth- they want silence...they want to be neutral. A famous quote says, "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality." Abuse in our community is real yet there are people who want to turn a deaf ear and a blind eye. There are people who are literally afraid to know what happened to my son and I - they rest comfortably in their ignorance and make decisions from those places. How do such acts help abusers? How can ignoring an abuser's illness help them to resolve their issues and heal? I wish these neutral people would answer these questions... In the meantime, the door is open for abusers to continue to commit the same acts of domestic violence and it is sanctioned- YES- Sanctioned by a "community" drunk off the wine deception, apathy, power and status. The saddest part is that WOMEN (not SISTAHS) drink of this wine...
All said and done - the truth will be revealed.

DAY 27 (write it down, meditate on it and journal it)
27. The Divine Consciousness that I am is forever expressing its true nature of Abundance. This is its responsibility, not mine. My only responsibility is to be aware of this Truth. Therefore, I am totally confident in letting go and letting God/the Creator appear as the abundant all sufficiency in my life and affairs.

0 comments: