Wednesday, January 2, 2008

THE MIDDLE PATH- DAY 25 -40DAY PROSPERITY PLAN


Pic:The Thousand-Hand Kwan-Yin Dance. Kwan-Yin is the Asian Goddess who is said the hear the cries of the world.

This morning I woke up and decided to start my day outside with a nice walking meditation. Well, I will tell you it must be about 30 degrees outside so it was a brisk walking meditation. It was a nice day regardless- there was still a sleepiness in the neighborhood and the birds were just beginning to rise. As I walked down the quiet empty street I was reminded of my meditation practice and how over the years it has helped me heal great suffering in my consciousness. I learned early on that suffering comes from extremes in your mind state- extreme desires, extreme expectations, extreme hate and extreme sadness. The Buddhist advise in their teachings that one should do their best to stay on the Middle Path. The Middle Path gives vision and knowledge and leads to calm, realization and enlightenment. The Middle Path relates directly to what they teach is the Noble Eightfold Path, namely: right understanding, right thought, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right mindfulness, right concentration. Although I am not a Buddhist I can respect the wisdom of these teachings and see how they can help guide us when we are distracted by life's drama. I think the Middle Path is not so much about being neutral but it is about seeing how two opposing forces just spin themselves out -dispersing tons of energy and getting nowhere. The Middle Path requires us to see both sides and understand how each side got there which is through suffering and placing all the power in "man" than in the Universal Spirit (often referred to as God).
Today's Abundance Principle speaks so much to letting go of concepts of "man" power. Each day when you wake up you decide to believe in the world created by "man" or to believe in the world created by the Universal Spirit. In each struggle you have you decide to work with the power of "man" or you decide to work with the power of the Universal Spirit. By the word "man" I simply mean a reality created by humans that holds no metaphysical belief-the belief that only what you can see, touch, hear, taste and smell is all that there is... I think we know there is more...

DAY 25 (write it down, meditate for 15 min, journal your thoughts)
25. Money is not my supply. No person, place or condition is my supply. My awareness, understanding, and knowledge of the all-providing activity of the Divine Mind within me is my supply. My consciousness of this Truth is unlimited, therefore, my supply is unlimited.

0 comments: