Sunday, April 13, 2008

More Sistah Alchemy: Visioning


Picture: a portion of my vision board...

Often it is easy to focus on what you don't want... In the past I would sit around all day thinking about what I didn't want and I got really clear but all of my energy - my whole focus was on what I didn't want. I then got that it was not enough to know what I didn't want - in order to out picture a different reality I needed to define and focus on WHAT I DID WANT.

I was taught some time ago that it is a good idea to vision your goals. If you have a habit of continuously seeing yourself doing what you wanted to do or manifesting the opportunities you want to manifest, you would eventually accept it as a reality. A simple way to do this is to create a vision board. I recently go together with some friends and we all spent a day creating our vision boards. In the end we touched on the common themes and really got a chance to witness the powerful world we each dream of...

My vision board is above my altar in my room. It is in a place that I wake up and see every morning. I would suggest you do this with your vision board. Put it in a place where you see it every day - a place where you can make visual and mental contact. You will begin to notice that this board is awakening inside of you the portal of possibilities - it is re-reminding you of your goals, dreams and desires. Eventually, you will start to see that your reality is shaping itself to the reality you have visioned. Its really quite fascinating.

Materials Needed:
a poster board (pretty large)
glue stick
old magazines of all types
old calendars with images you like
old coffee table books from the second hand shop
images printed from the web
paint
sharpe pen

Instructions:

Sit in quiet meditation and take some deep breaths. As you breathe in slowly and out slowly, imagine your breath like the waves of a ocean rolling in and rolling out. See the calm ocean waters move in and move out. Starting at the top of your head consciously relax each muscle in your body. Relax your jaw, relax your eyelids, relax the space between your eyebrows, relax your mouth, your tongue - feel how the body gets heavy as you physically relax your whole body. Once you have scanned and relaxed your body from head to toes, connect with this feeling of peace. What does peace look like in your life? What does peace feel like? With this feeling of complete peace visualize the kind of life you would desire with this peace. Where would you be? Who would be with you? How do you feel? What do you have in your possession? What words describe this blissful state? What images come to mind? Sit with this for a moment - take in your desires, your visions.

Holding this sacred space you have created, begin to look through your magazines, books, calendars or photo albums for images that speak to this future vision. After collecting a good amount of images, words and raw materials (ie shells, cloth, etc...) glue your items on your poster board. If you are using raw materials, then use a glue gun or fabric glue. Collage using images and words to create a theme or a message. In blank spaces use paints or glitter or whatever to add color and dimension. This board needs to catch your eye every morning so that it can communicate with you this vision you have created.

When you are finished. Take a moment to reflect on your vision. Are you surprised by some of the images you selected? Do you feel that there is anything missing? Is there a theme to what you want? Study each element of your board and connect with what it is you really desire. Now place this board in a place where you will see it everyday, like the wall next to your bed or in the bathroom or in the kitchen, maybe your office... Each morning affirm that today is a new day and that you have all that you need to do anything that needs to be done. Give thanks for what you do have and open yourself to receiving your divine abundance. Overtime, you will begin to see your visions manifest. Remember to give thanks when it does happen.

Peace,
Sistah C

5 comments:

Joyce A. Schwarz, Editor and Blogger said...

Hi, how would you like to share your Vision Board in my new book "THE VISION BOARD" Unlock the Secret to An Extraordinary life, Joyce Schwarz, Harper Collins Publishing, Collins Design, fall, 2008. email me at: thevisionboard@aol.com . thanks js.

Amenta said...

Sistah C, Maybe its how we grow that we somehow learn to focus on the negative or what we don't want. I had to undergo a "new birth" so to speak to begin to see things in the positive, say the positive, and work the positve. It has been like a release to walk on the path of the positive...

Camara Meri Rajabari said...

Hey Ensayn,
Yes, I think I have learned about what I wanted by knowing and experiencing what I didn't want. A positive outlook so much more empowering and for me relaxing...I can stay more present when I am positive...Its a good practice...
Peace,
Sistah C

K. Kojei said...

Begin your meditation with powerful, mindclearing instrumental music. This will help with inducing a receptive mind to your visualization. Be to select music that makes you inwardly relaxed and peaceful. Pay attention to whether the recordings you listen to include natural instruments, i.e. guitar, flute, violin, natural drums instead of digital samples. Digital samples do not feed the human soul. This from a musician who plays, produces and records.

Eric Pangilinan said...

I've found the coolest and most effective tool to help with the visualization process - a great vision board software called Mind Movies Creator.

It was created by Ryan Higgins to help others visualize and manifest the life of their dreams. See a video and find out why here http://www.squidoo.com/vision-board-software

A Mind Movie allows you to create a vision of what you want, together with your Favorite song… the one that makes you feel good, the one that makes you want to dance, the one that makes you smile and sing along.

It’s like a 3 minute slide show/movie of your perfect life.

I’m trying it out now.

I’m having fun making my own vision board/mind movie.

And because it’s a software, no need to cut up magazines!

Thanks.

Eric